The best news of 2020 this far is that, it’s over ???????? Hahaah, but seriously, this year has been a tough one on everyone and we just want to say how proud we are of ALL OF YOU!!
You have all handled this year with such grace and positivity! You have kept us going with your bright smiles everyday and we are so humbled and grateful for you all! You really pushed through the hard times that came with this year; whether it was in the gym or virtually during quarantine, you showed up to put your health first and got the work done, regardless of the circumstances and we are so so so proud!!
Now let’s make 2021 even better!!
Here are Top 10 tips to crush your New Year’s Resolution:
Make a realistic goal
- sometimes we get excited in the moment and tend to over reach our goals and this can cause a downward spiral of disappointment. We don’t want that. (Example of an unrealistic goal: “I want to PR my back squat 100lbs this year” ...even if you squat everyday, this is most likely not going to happen. A more realistic goal be; PR your back squat by 20 pounds)
Write it down
- when we write things down, it’s easier to visualize it into reality. Look at it every morning and remind yourself of where you want to be
Make a plan
- have a concrete plan or schedule on how you’re going to achieve your goal. (Ex. If your goal is to eat more veggies, then maybe your plan is to eat 1-2 cups of veggies per meal)
Keep a journal
- it not only helps to write it down once and make a plan, but it helps to keep a diary of some sort to keep a record of how far you’ve come and the work you still need to put into it. This will also help you visualize your goal as reality and keep you motivated to keep grinding!
Consistency is key
- follow your plan or schedule as much as possible. The more consistent you are, the faster the results will come!
- sometimes you won’t be motivated to work on your goal. You’ll be tired, or feel lazy, or start to even think that it’s not worth it, but I promise you, it is! Continue to look at your journal or other inspiration. Remember your “why” and keep grinding even when it seems hard!
- we are all human, we make mistakes and sometimes we slip up. This is where consistency comes in! So you slip up one day, two days, whatever - that’s okay!! Keep going. Don’t use this as an excuse to quit!! One or 2 slip ups won’t ruin your progress!! You got this!!
Make it fun
- you don’t want to make a goal that sounds too hard or too exhausting before you even start it. The more fun you can have with it, the more motivated you will be. Get creative with cooking, get the kids involved, makeup fun strength workouts, whatever your goal is, get creative and just make sure you’re having a good time!
Create a goal with a friend
- if you feel lonely in your journey, you may get stuck in the dumps and lose motivation. Make a goal with your friend and keep each other accountable, check in with each other, workout together, cook together, etc.
Ask for help
- most of us have not gotten to where we are today without some help or advice, no matter how small. You can definitely do it and at the end of the day, it’s YOU and YOUR determination that achieves your goals. But if you feel lost, or don’t know where to begin or how to keep going, that is totally normal and we are here to help! Reach out to any WaterSide Coach and we would love to help you teach your goals!
Y’all made one of the hardest years look easy and we know you are capable of anything!
So, let’s make 2021 a great year!!
Stay safe and stay healthy!